Reghin

Reghin

Reghin, as well as the adjacent area, is unique through its beauty and history, Reghin being surnamed “The town of violins”, the greatest concert halls from world wild vibrates of the violins’ accords made here. On a terrace surrounded by Mures and Gurghiu rivers, you can meet the “piece of sky fallen on Earth, deep implanted into the heart of Transylvania”. Born with the gift of modeling the most noble musical instrument, the violin, the Reghin’s stringed-instrument makers, either Romanians, Hungarian or German, have become famous due to the art and sensitivity with who they practice this handicraft.

Reghinul, itself, is a town who worth to be visited, but it also may be considered as a departure point for diverse wanderings into the mountains Călimani and Gurghiu as well as for visiting the tourist attractions from area.

Reghin is downstream of entertainment and tourist areas on Mures and Gurghiu Rivers’ Valleys, downstream of watering area Ideciu de Jos and Jabenita who offers through theirs swimming pools with high concentrate chloride waters and possibilities of treatment of rheumatic diseases. Upwards Reghin is also situated the Roman Camp from Brancovenesti who lasted till the Roman withdrawal from this region (271 d. Hr.) and it was one of the most important links from Roman Camps from North-East protection wall of Dacia.

Upwards of Reghin, on Gurghiu Valley, is found the Hunting Castle from Lapusna who was built between 1925-1926 and who has belong to the kings of Romania till 1949. Afterwards it has been transformed into the presidential house of the communist leaders. In Lapusna is also found the Saint Nicholas Monastery who dates from 1779, this being a wooden building hosting numerous icons dating from XVIII Century.

At 14 km away it is found Gurghiu commune which blossoms at the beginning of May at the same time with Narcissus Glade, protected area spread out on a surface of 3 hectares. Another natural reservation in Gurghiu is Mociar Forest of Secular Oaks which is spread out on a surface of 48 hectares and consists of oaks aged between 400-500 years. Bornemisza Castle from Gurghiu dates from XVI Century and at the moment hosts a Hunting Museum.

At the moment exists in Reghin Municipality 10 accommodation units of 2 and 3 stars having a capacity of 250 beds.

Close Comments